The EGit and JGit teams are happy to announce that 0.8.1 (release review slides) has been released and submitted as part of the Eclipse Helios simultaneous release. For now, you can download it from our software repository: http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates-0.8
Just as Helios rides the chariot of the sun to give light and heat to the world, we hope that this release provides a little light to the folks that are yearning for better Git support within Eclipse and Java.
What’s new and noteworthy?
- EGit New and Noteworthy
- A greatly improved user guide
- Improved Import Repository Wizard
- A new Git Repositories view
- The team menu was cleaned up
- Fast forward merge support
- 239 commits!
- 2 new committers!
- JGit New and Noteworthy
- Git Porcelain APIs
- Internationalization Support
- Performance improvements around pack creation
- 157 commits
So what’s next after this release? Well, we plan to release 0.9.0 in September 2010 and here are the things on the tentative plan so far…
- Synchronize / Staging View
- Full Merge Support
- Full .gitignore Support
- Rebase Support
- Git Notes Support
Are you interested in contributing to the EGit and JGit projects?
- You can file bugs when you hit issues
- You can file enhancements
- Check out our Gerrit instance if you want to push any patches to the EGit/JGit teams
- Want to contribute? Check out our extensive contributor guide and mailing list
- Want to improve the documentation? It’s all on the wiki, you can contribute without being a committer!
In the end, we hope you enjoy the release and support our quest to get a 1.0 release out the door by the end of 2010.