This is important for some projects (like e4) who are using PDE Build in a certain way that requires the Git fetch factory. At the moment, you can download the fetch factory from the EGit PDE Tools nightly repository.
The map file format is: type@id,[version]=GIT,args
Where args is a comma-separated list of key-value pairs.
Accepted args include:
- tag* – mandatory Git tag
- repo* – mandatory repo location
- path – optional path relative to repo which points to the element (otherwise it’s assumed that the element is at the repository root)
- prebuilt – optional boolean value indicating that the path points to a pre-built bundle in the repository
Fetching is implemented as a three step process:
- The repository is cloned to local disc. If it already exists, it is assumed that it was previously cloned and just new commits will be fetched
- The specified tag will be checked out in the local clone
- The content of the path will be copied to the final build location
If you come across any issues, let us know via the mailing list or bugzilla.