Over the last couple of years I’ve been heavily involved in open source infrastructure technology by way of the Mesos project, which my team and Twitter have helped grow outside its humble beginnings as an academic project. As a result, I’m really looking forward to the first #MesosCon next week (co-located with LinuxCon) which my team at Twitter helped put together in collaboration with the awesome Mesos community and the great folks at the Linux Foundation. It was interesting as we put together the conference in a fairly transparent fashion, but that’s a topic for another blog post.
The schedule looks great and covers a wide variety of infrastructure usage:
- Keynote: Ben Hindman, Twitter
- Mesos 101: Getting Started With Mesos – Ken Sipe, Mesosphere
- Mesos: An SDK for Distributed Systems Developers – Connor Doyle and Adam Bordelon, Mesosphere
- Run Any App on Mesos on Any Infrastructure Using Docker – Victor Vieux, Docker
- Highly-Distributed Ops: Facing the Challenges of an Elastic Cluster – Tobi Knaup, Mesosphere
- Spark on Mesos: Handling Big Data in a Distributed, Multi-Tenant Environment – Paco Nathan
- Run Applications Like a Boss: Fault-Tolerant and at Scale with Marathon and Mesos – Connor Doyle, Mesosphere
- Improving Operational Insights with Reactive Stream Processing using Apache Mesos – Justin Becker & Sharma Podila Netflix
- Past, Present, and Future of the Aurora Scheduler – Bill Farner, Twitter
- Keynote: John Wilkes, Google
- How Airbnb uses Mesos to Simplify – Brenden Matthews, Airbnb
- Best of both worlds: Running YARN alongside Mesos – Mohit Soni, eBay & Renan DelValle, eBay
- Large Scale Mission-Critical Service and Job Deployment with Singularity – Gregory Chomatas, HubSpot
- Running Mesos at Atlassian – Ryan Thomas, Atlassian
- Panel Discussion: Using Mesos at Scale in Production – Moderated By Florian Leibert, Mesosphere
The final day we also have a Hackathon where committers and Mesos community members will be available to drive the project forward based on community interest (basically who shows up).
Also, right before #MesosCon there will be a Docker Meetup in Chicago which will have a talk about running Docker containers on Mesos.
— #MesosCon (@mesoscon) August 12, 2014
Look forward to seeing everyone in Chicago, feel free to reach out to me if you would like to meet up and chat open source over a frosty beverage.